Save the Date: June 23-24 | Dumpster Days 2018
This year’s Dumpster Days will be held Saturday, June 23 – Sunday, June 24 at the Gate/Trailhead near the Fire Station on Crestview Drive.
We will have a total of 14 dumpsters. In addition to dumpsters, we’ll also have the usual area where items that are still useful can be left and traded. This always turns out to be fun and sometimes you can leave with something worthwhile. Membership must be up-to-date to utilize the dumpsters. If you haven’t paid yet and wish to, payment can be made on our via PayPal on our website (summitparkutah.net) or by check/cash at the event.
More information to come.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: Sign up to volunteer here: www.SignUpGenius.com/go/10C0A44ABAA2BA4FA7-dumpster3
WHAT CAN BE DUMPED?
This year, like last, we’ll have a mixture of bins for different purposes. Please try and separate your debris into recyclable and non-recyclable parts.
– Chippable green waste (branches 6” or less). Large logs and treated timber will have to go in waste bins.
– Metal waste (e.g. fencing, rebar, sheet metal, etc.)
– Mixed recyclables (like our biweekly home pickup: paper, cardboard, cans, plastic, but NO GLASS)
GENTLY USED SECTION
If you have something that you think could be reused but that you no longer want around your house, bring it by Dumpster Days. We have a FREE “gently used” section, any member is welcome to peruse the goods and take anything of interest. If no one takes your gently used stuff, it is your responsibility to load it into the dumpsters. Please do not leave it for the volunteers to clean up.
WHAT CANNOT BE DUMPED?
– No concrete, rocks or dirt
– No wet-cell batteries
– No tires – try Burt Brothers (a fee may apply)
– No big appliances – Recycle Utah will take them
– No hazmat (paint, aerosol cans, fluorescent lights, etc.)
– No e-waste (cell phones, ipods, chargers, microwave ovens, etc.)
What if I have not paid my dues?
Simply bring cash or a check to the dumpster site and a volunteer will be happy to update your membership and provide access to the dumpsters. Annual membership remains an incredible value at $50!