Toll Canyon Firewood Collection Day – Thursday July 21
Thank you all for your patience while the fire mitigation project has been going on this summer in Toll Canyon. The project is only half complete but we have a lot of wood (around 50 cords) to pick up thus far. We will be opening the gates this Thursday and again at the completion of the project later this summer.
Please be aware of the following…
- You must sign up here for a time slot between 4:00pm-6:30pm, after 6:30pm we will open up for first come first serve.
- You can sign up for 2 reserved slots between 4:00pm-6:30pm, then you can return for more if you choose after 6:30pm as first come first serve.
- If any reserved slots are vacant, they can be filled day of on a first come first serve basis.
- Each vehicle will be have approximately 30 mins for each load. In order for this process to move smoothly please obey this time restraint.
- Traffic will be one way. There is NO turning around or backing up and NO Passing!The road is very narrow and steep. Please know your abilities! And be patient!
- Enter via Summit Park. Exit via Pinebrook (see Directions below).
- Please be respectful of the neighborhoods while driving, obey posted speed limits and watch for pedestrians, especially kids and pet on the roadways.
- 4×4 vehicles highly recommend.
- Small trailers will be allowed.
- Wood is for personal use only.
- Wood should not be transported out of the Summit County area, this can spread tree disease to unaffected populations.
- Be aware of the risks (please read and sign this document: Liability Waiver – Firewood Collection). Every person entering the property will need to sign the waiver.
- You must be 18 years old to enter property, NO children will be allowed.
- Please leave your pets at home.
- Last vehicle will be let in at 7:30pm.
In order to collect firewood you must…
- Sign up for a time slot here (maximum of 2 time slots) or come after 6:30 for first come first serve
- Sign the waiver! Each person participating in the firewood collection must accept the terms and sign the attached waiver.
- Bring signed wavier with you! Waivers must be turned in at time of collection.
- You must be 18 years old to enter property, NO children will be allowed
If you have any questions please contact Jess (firstname.lastname@example.org).