Save the Date: Dumpster Days 2017 – June 24-25
It’s that time of the year again! Start cleaning your closets and mark your calendar for June 24-25 for the 2017 Dumpster Days! Follow our Facebook event for the latest updates and sign up to volunteer here: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F044BACA922A4F49-dumpster
Dumpster Days is the annual neighborhood cleanup organized by the Summit Park Housing Association (SPHA). Members who have paid their annual dues are welcome to dump up to 2 loads in the dumpsters.The SPHA arranges to have dumpsters available for use just above the firehouse on the Crestview Drive/Maple Drive intersection.
This year’s Firewise event will take place later in the fall, so we will not have any events happening near On Top Roofing.
More info to come on the event! For now, read below to learn what you can bring.
WHAT CAN BE DUMPED?
This year, like last, we’ll have a mixture of bins for different purposes. Please try and separate your debris into recyclable and non-recyclable parts.
– Chippable green waste (branches 6” or less). Large logs and treated timber will have to go in waste bins.
– Metal waste (e.g. fencing, rebar, sheet metal, etc.)
– Mixed recyclables (like our biweekly home pickup: paper, cardboard, cans, plastic, but NO GLASS)
GENTLY USED SECTION
If you have something that you think could be reused but that you no longer want around your house, bring it by Dumpster Days. We have a FREE “gently used” section, any member is welcome to peruse the goods and take anything of interest.
If no one takes your gently used stuff, it is your responsibility to load it into the dumpsters. Please do not leave it for the volunteers to clean up.
WHAT CANNOT BE DUMPED?
– No concrete, rocks or dirt
– No wet-cell batteries
– No tires – try Burt Brothers (a fee may apply)
– No big appliances – Recycle Utah will take them
– No hazmat (paint, aerosol cans, fluorescent lights, etc.)
– No e-waste (cell phones, ipods, chargers, microwave ovens, etc.)
What if I have not paid my dues?
Simply bring cash or a check to the dumpster site and a volunteer will be happy to update your membership and provide access to the dumpsters. Annual membership remains an incredible value at $50!