New Firewise Pilot Program
We are very proud to share that Summit Park was chosen as one of seven communities in the country to participate in a Sites of Excellence pilot program, which is sponsored by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA). This project is designed to increase resident participation in active wildfire risk reduction through a focused approach, and will be a blueprint to establish a national strategy. This is a great opportunity to educate yourself on wildfire mitigation and create defensible space around your home/property.
- We are looking for approximately 80 homeowners, absentee lot owners or renters (with owners’ permission) to participate
- The program will run for two years
- Once a resident signs up, they will:
- Attend an introduction meeting (exact timing TBD)
- Receive an individual assessment (20-30 minutes) from the Fire and Safety Committee, which will identify mitigation tasks within 30 feet of the home
- Set realistic targets and provide guidance to mitigating fire risks around the home and show reduced home ignition potential (some financial support may be available through the Summit Park HOA incentive programs)
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Phone number
- Email address
- Please specify whether you’re an owner or renter
Please read the Call to Action document for more information on the program.
Summit Park is very fortunate to have been given this opportunity, and it would not be possible without the hard work of Mike Quinones, our fire and safety expert. Mike will be overseeing this program with the help of volunteers on his Fire and Safety Committee. If you’re interested in being involved as a committee member, please let us know by sending an email to