2018 Race to the Summit
The 12th Annual Sprint to the Summit is taking place Sunday, July 8 from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM (MDT). Register here.
Sprint to the Summit is an annual event on our local trails followed by a potluck brunch. The 5K category is an exhilarating power hike that both the young and the young-at-heart can enjoy. The 12K race category is a “Summit Park Special”, offering a mix of sumptuous trail running, with some steep climbs thrown in, all at an average elevation of 7,500 feet. While the racers are away, we’ll also have a Kids Fun Run, with its own steep climb built in (start ’em young!). Whether you’re a hiker, a runner, a family, or new to the neighborhood, this event has something for everyone!
As always, the race will feature:
- No registration fee = Zero, zilch, nada!
- Highly visible, reusable, and vegetation-friendly trail marking
- Tents at the start/finish line, courtesy of Voile Equipment
- Electrolyte drink and water at the start/finish and water is available at the Summit Park Peak aid station
- Post-race raffle and awards
- Your healthy, yummy potluck dishes and beverages
We’re lucky to have the continued support of the Utah Division of Forestry and Basin Rec so please help keep our event going another 10+ years by following some rules yo’ mama taught you:
- Respect others on the trail (flora, fauna, and humans)
- Do not litter (bonus points for anyone that pick’s up someone else’s litter!)
- Reduce waste by bringing your own reusable plate, cup, and cutlery
Register here. Questions? Call Mark at (801) 560-8522.