Recent House Fire

Most of you may not be aware of the house fire that recently occurred here in Summit Park late Christmas eve night. Fortunately no one was injured and the fire department quickly extinguished it, but not before it caused extensive damage. I wanted to emphasize the importance of keeping Smoke /Carbon Monoxide detectors in good order and try to keep your self and your neighbors from parking along the street. The incident was during a snow storm and access was greatly diminished. The near by fire hydrant had been dug out by homeowners prior, leaving it visible and accessible. Thank you. A county snow plow was dispatched to clear and widen the road. If there had been a vehicle blocking access, the fire apparatus would not have made it to the house in a timely manner.

Mike Quinones
Fire & Safety Information Coordinator
Summit Park HOA

Leave a Reply